First off, I just want to praise God. If you don’t know Him as your personal Savior, you are unfortunately missing out on the most important relationship you could ever have!! I sometimes wonder when people see me, do they see God?? Am I where I need to be to make someone say, “WOW, something is working through her that I just have to have!” Sadly, I would probably have to say, “No, they probably just see another person who is similar to a lot of other people they see on a regular basis.” One of the things I need to work on, and where my praise comes in, is relying COMPLETELY on God to follow through on His promises. Why do I keep forgetting that if the dandelions don’t worry about what they will eat from day to day, that I shouldn’t either b/c I am by far more important then a weed! I need to enjoy what God has given me. I have two beautifully precious little boys w/whom I am hopelessly in love with. Yet, I have no control over the length of time we will have together. God could take me from them or them from me at any moment
and, in that heart breaking event, I know that God STILL has a plan for my life.Today’s sermon was on the story of Job. If you’re not familiar, Job was a very blessed man! He was VERY wealthy and was the envy of most everyone around him. One day, Satan came to visit God as God was looking down on Job and made the claim that Job was only faithful b/c God has blessed him so. God knowing this was not true, told Satan that he could do whatever he wanted to Job, all but take his life, and Satan did. He took all of Job’s children, his fortune, his flocks, everything that Job had except his wife, AND to top it off, he covered Job from head to toe w/boils. Now, I can tell you that if that happened to me, I would be crying to God “WHY!!” But, the Bible says that in all of this Job did not sin once by blaming God. On the contrary, Job got on his face and said the Lord has given and the Lord has taken away. Praise be to God!! WOW!!! To have such unwavering faith and devotion, and here I have been worrying about paying some measly bills
The point my pastor was trying to get across was that sometimes God has to break us to bless us. Sometimes He has to take away everything that we hold dear so that we will rely completely on Him. How did my pastor know that I needed to hear that today??? GOD!!!So, back to my praise; a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine got in a jam. Her husband lost his job, DID get a new one, but it made a daycare problem for them. Not only was she able to help me out, but I was able to help her out. I am now watching her 2 little girls Tuesday-Thursday. And, as if God hadn’t already proved that He will never leave me nor forsake me, He also brought my sister to me this week. She also fell into a daycare need, and I will be watching her little guy Monday-Friday.
Okay God, I get it (for now)!! You are and will always be looking out for me like a Father looks out for his children. Lord, please just strengthen my faith, and draw me closer to you!



3 comments:
I think the sermon must have hit each of us today. Yet I have to really ask myself, would I do whatever it takes if God did take one of my children? Really a question I hope to never have to answer!
It's great that some work came your way and with kids!! That means you can still keep your kids with you!! Want 3 more! *smile* Just kidding... I don't think it is worth working at the moment and having to pay daycare for 3 kids.
So glad God is answering prayers for you!
Yeah, God! I am so glad that God has shown you His mercy! God always provides in His own way and His own time.
The story of Job has always made me take note that God is watching out for me. I'm so glad that God continues to mold us and teach us all- even when it's difficult!
Post a Comment