3.26.2007

my wkend

Ok, lets see here....Friday, we'll start w/Friday. I took Jaden to to Peds on Friday bc he's had a cough that has gotten progressively worse, mainly at nights. He wakes up coughing so hard that I'm just waiting for him to puke :( He had no other symptoms and was really only bad at nights, but I decided that it was time to take him in, half expecting them to tell me to wait it out. We go and see Christy, who we've been seeing on a pretty regular basis now that my primary is on maternity leave. She was very impressed that Jaden's nose and sinus's have FINALLY cleared. He's had a sinus infection most of the winter, but he's now on his nose spray AND claritin which seems to be doing the job. Anyways, she listened long and hard to his lungs and decided that he has bronchitis. We started him on his meds that night, and he hasn't woken up coughing since!!! We also went out Friday night w/my family to celebrate my sister Bethany getting a job. Afterwards, Melanie, my BIL, Shaun, and I went to see Wildhogs. It was HILARIOUS! Definitely not a kid movie, but good nonetheless.
Saturday. I spent most of the day home w/the boys. We just hung out, stayed on our normal routine which was nice since Saturdays normally mess up everything. We went over to my parent's for dinner bc my dad was cooking up the fish he'd caught this winter. Afterwards, my mom took me to see Premonition. Two movies in one wkend, I know, WOW! LOL The movie went all over the place, so it was hard to follow, but it was still ok.
Sunday. We went to church, of course. Pastor's sermon made me think he'd sat in on both of my Tuesday Bible studies last week bc it was about Martha, and we talked about Martha last wk. After dinner w/my family, we took the boys for a nice long walk. It was BEAUTIFUL out!! Jaden played outside afterwards until I realized that he hadn't had a nap yet. After his nap, I had a meeting at the church, but I'm told that they went on another walk and that they played outside for the rest of the evening pretty much until I came to get them.
Well, that was my wkend. Oh, and as for my diet. I wasn't necessarily good *blushing* I had pop and candy at both movies, and then I had no-bake cookies at my mom's house (couldn't resist!). BUT, I still managed to lose 3lbs, so I must be doing something right :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yah!! Sounds like you had a great weekend filled with good, relaxing things!! Those times are the best! I laughed when I saw Pastor Danny's sermon was on Martha too!! Too ironic!

Sue