12.14.2009
mood disorder
Tomorrow Asher goes to be tested to see if he has a mood disorder on top of his sensory integration disorder. I'm pretty sure he will be diagnosed w/something. I currently have no intentions of putting him on any medication. The psychologist or psychiatrist (not sure which nor the difference between either of them) that he's going to see also isn't big on perscribing meds which is good w/me. I'm hoping that whatever it is, we can try to teach him how to deal w/it w/out meds. I think theres a lot of kids out there that are diagnosed and put on meds that really just need a good spanking and some rules/guildlines. I'd like to teach Asher how to self-regulate as much as possible so that he doesn't have to be med reliant for the rest of his life. Obviously, if we feel he needs them, we'll put him on them, but putting him on meds isn't my goal. I just want to know everything he's dealing w/so we can be understanding, and help him be a happier, healthier person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I would guess a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is an M.D. that goes on for further schooling in pyschology after becoming a doctor, and therefore can prescribe medication.
Psychologists also hold a doctorate degree, but it is a PhD, or a PsyD, but they are not medical doctors like psychiatrists are. Basically, both can treat patients, but they do so in different ways.
Post a Comment