I am 1day past a week into my 21day fast. Along w/this fast, my pastor is doing a sermon series on seeking God, and I also just started a Beth Moore Bible study on the fruit of the Spirit. I must say this has been a powerful month so far, and we're only half way through it.
Convergys did offer me a job. At first they offered us a PT position w/a $2 an hr pay cut, that would fluctuate between 8a and 8p. Not the best scenario on many levels. After several of us emailed the recruiter asking if there was anything FT available to us, they changed the job to FT, but same pay same hours. I have yet to find a replacement babysitter, and you can only imagine how frustrating finding someone who could work w/those hours was for me. I would need someone who was willing to get the boys off to school, have 3hrs of free time, and then come back to get Asher off the bus. Nothing would be consistent, and well, no one could do the job. On the day I had my interview, I was telling the recruiter my predicament, and he told me that there was another shift available. That I could work between the hours of 2p-1a. Yeah, not the ideal hours, but it solved the problem of needing a sitter to be SO flexible. Since Shaun and I split almost 4yrs ago, this past 6mos has been the only time frame which I have worked days. I've always had to work nights because Shaun doesn't, and it's the only way to make daycare feasible for us.
I still do not have a babysitter. I have two ladies who are helping out just to buy me more time to interview. The drive for them is so long, that what I pay barely covers their gas, but Cat said she would do this for me because she wanted my boys to have someone who would be good, not just someone who would fill the position. I'm VERY thankful for them!!
Jaden is doing much better in school since Christmas break. Before Christmas break, he was on red at school for quite some time. We'd punished him every way we knew how, but it didn't seem to make a difference. After break, he's been on green every day. Maybe he just needed that break to recoup?
Asher had a sleep study down this week. We're thinking that he's not getting a deep enough sleep, which may also factor into many of his other issues. This child has definitely been a challenge, and I've been to more doctor's than I ever dreamed I would be. But, he is also the biggest blessing, and the biggest insight into my own life. I see so much of me in him. I just feel like I understand him like no one else can because we ARE so much alike. I love my boys!!
As for me personally, there is one issue in particular that I'm really struggling with. It's a door that I thought was closed, but was reopened by someone else. Now, I have to decide if it's God's will that I continue down that road, or if it's the devil trying to temp me during this time of rededicating my life. I'm really praying that God will lay it heavy on my heart so that there is NO misunderstanding, what His will is for me in this situation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment