6.11.2011

hello blogging world

Wow, I'm not sure if anyone still reads these. W/FB, who really needs to anymore?

Anyways, we have officially made it through the end of a school year. Asher made it through preschool. He was loved by his teachers and classmates. He decided through out the course of the year, that earth and recycling are his new thing, and hence blue and green are now his favorite colors. It's hard to say w/Asher whether or not we've made progress this year. Some days/weeks, I feel like he's doing good, and then we have our set backs which make me feel like we've lost all the progress we'd ever made. He hasn't gained any weight in the past year, in fact, he's lost a pound. His one meds that help focus cause him to not want to eat. So, he's on a med that helps him eat, but still he's not gaining. And then he has his meds that help him sleep. We went so long w/out medication, and now I'm beginning to feel like a pharmacy between all of us. But Asher w/meds is WAY better than Asher w/out meds. This year was the first year he actually made friends at school. And, his teachers only had 2 meltdowns from him all year which is a miracle! He still goes to OT once a week. He now goes through WMU, and we've been really impressed w/their program! Once summer hits, he'll be entering another program that helps w/social interaction. He'll be doing art which we think he'll thoroughly enjoy so maybe he won't realize he's being taught skills at the same time and not fight the system. I think he's ready for kindergarten. The question is, is kindergarten ready for him??

Jaden graduates kindergarten on Monday. He's SO ready to be done w/school. It is not his favorite place to be. The poor guy has a long 12years ahead of him :( He really struggled making friends this year which broke my heart. It's not that the kids don't like him, because they do. He's just SO sensitive! If something doesn't go his way, he feels like they don't like him anymore. And he has become extremely shy. I don't remember him ever being so shy. It's almost like him and Asher switched in that aspect. Because Asher used to HATE new places, but now he's not afraid of anything which isn't always the best. And Jaden isn't wanting to be left alone in unfamiliar places. He's getting so big! That boys is solid! I know he's going to play some type of sport, and I'm sure he'll be great at it. We're thinking of getting him into soccer in the fall.

We did finally move PRAISE GOD! Right as the end of my contract at the last place ended, I got the call that the place I'd been waiting on for 2.5 years was finally opened. We are SOOOO happy here!! I have a 3 bedroom townhome w/a basement. I have my washer/dryer back. No dishwasher, but I'm surviving :) I love being able to have the boys' toys downstairs, out of sight, out of mind. Plus, now that I took apart the bunkbeds, Asher actually sleeps in his bed all night because when he wakes up, he can see brother. I have parking every time I come home, the same spot, every time. There really isn't anything I dislike about the new place accept for that it doesn't have central a/c, but I'm making do w/my portable a/c's.

I do finally have a sitter that I absolutely adore. The first sitter gave Asher 3rd degree burns, the next lasted a week, the one after that was hired in as a temporary to buy me time, the one after that wanted a week off every month, and now we have Jessica. She handles the boys so well, she never complains, she's there when I need her, she thinks of the boys outside of the home. I just can't talk highly enough about her. I'm SO glad God brought her to us.

As for me, I'm still working from home. I'm currently working for DirecTv. And, while I LOVE working from home, not having to deal w/others attitudes and mistakes, and only being responsible for myself.....I HATE DirecTv. I just am not a good sales person. They have quotas up the wazoo we have to meet, and I'm just not hitting them. So...the goal is, come the fall, I'm going back to school FT. I am not getting ahead in life as far as jobs go. And, I'm stuck in a career field that I don't enjoy one bit at all. But, I can't get anything else, because it's all I have experience in. So, I applied for a grant, and I'm taking the money and going to KVCC for two years w/the plans to do an excelerated bachelor's degree at Spring Arbor. I'm hoping to find something that not only will pay the bills, but that I will actually enjoy. I'm tired of dreading going to work everyday. I go because I have to support my family, but I'd like to take joy in what I do. I'm starting a single mom's group at my church. I'm pretty excited about that. Hoping to make a some new friends and branch out a bit. I got a new car w/this year's tax refund. An '03 Honda Element. I LOVE IT!!! The seats fold completely flat against the walls which made it very handy when it came time to move. It's much better on gas, the boys have tons of foot room, and it's a stick shift so it's fun to drive. I'm thinking of starting Pampered Chef back up w/my mom if she's willing.

All in all, I'm ready for summer to be here, and I'm almost ready for it to be over. I've never looked forward to going back to school so much in my life. Praying that everything works out. Drop me a line to let me know if you still read from time to time. Maybe I'll try to keep it more up to date if I know someone actually still comes here :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've been checking back often to see if you've made a new post yet. I'm glad you updated!!