You know the saying, "when it rains, it pours" ? Well, I feel like I've been in the rain for a VERY long time, and every once in a while, I'll think thing will clear, but then it only starts to rain harder.
My check engine light came on yesterday, so since I work at a mechanics, I had them take a look at it. Mike says to me, "your van is VERY sick". He said the reading he got, he's never even seen before. My transmission fluid, well, it's not fluid anymore. I say it for my own eyes, and it is nice burnt flakes. He's not even sure how or why my van is still running. On top of needing a new transmission, my struts are about to come through their tower. Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't feel dumb. If they hadn't told me and shown me, I wouldn't have a clue either. Basically though, it sits right under neither my windshield, and when it goes, it will probably crack my windshield. Fixing both, is not only more money then I have, it also is more then my vehicle is worth.
So, now I don't know what to do. I can't afford my house w/a car pymt, and I can't afford my house w/out a car. See the problem???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hey Holly,
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and hoping that you can figure out what you need to do in regards to your car situation and your church situation....which I am sad to hear, but you know that I completely understand. I often feel like no one really knows me and sometimes it's hard to let people in...no one likes to be hurt by others. I missed you and the boys at the park...sadly no one came...just me and my kiddos...maybe next time. And you are of course always welcome to come to LAMBS no matter where you go to church. Always know that. See you on Saturday?!?
Carrie,
I'm sorry that no one showed! We had intentions of coming, but were stuck in the office applying for financial aid for almost FOUR HOURS! Let me tell you, that was NOT fun, and I would have much rather been at Lambs w/you and your kiddos.
Thanks for keeping the invitation to LAMBS open! Wendy said I could keep going to hers to, so for me, that's a definite praise!
It's not just that I feel alone, it's more that there is nothing for me. I'm not looking for handouts, but there are no programs to help people in my situation, and there are no groups for me to turn to for emotional and spiritual support from either. Also, I really am not happy w/the way the church is heading and haven't been for a while. I just didn't want to leave my comfort zone, but I feel this is a good time for me to make a fresh start in life.
As far as the car/house situation goes, I think I'll probably lose the house unless God provides a miracle w/someone buying it. I have to get a car, there's no way around it, and I can't afford both.
And Saturday, I still haven't decided if I'm going or not. It will be mostly couples, I'm sure, and I will feel out of place. Plus, we have our garage sale on Saturday, and Shaun finishes moving everything out that day. He will also have the kids so I will be down, not in party attitude. But, I will consider it. Time w/friends might be just what I need at that point.
Anyways, this has become long, thanks for dropping me a note!
hey holly, i just wanted to drop you a line and tell you that you have been in my thoughts and prayers today...
I talked with Will and you are totatlly welcome to take a car off of our hands for us! I am absolutely serious about this...Its not much, but you can have it for free, it just sits in our garage and we never ever use it. Its a four door mercury topaz and it doesn't look like much, but you can simply have it if it will help you out at all...I don't have your number anymore now that you just have your cell, so email me or call me...and then i can get your cell number as well! love you,
Ern
Erin,
thank you VERY much for your thoughtfulness and generosity, but I need something bigger then a car. I tote around Malin every day, and drop off Micah in the mornings. I will also have Mariska the end of summer, so a van is a must. If I ever get in a pinch though, I may give you a call. Thanks again! I'll myspace you my phone #.
Holly, I am sorry about your situation. My brother is going through a similar rough time. He could use Erin's car. :-) If she'd like to give it to someone who is truly in need of a vehicle due to circumstances largely out of his control...let me know! Meanwhile I am praying for you and your family. I can't imgagine the stress you are under. One thing about rain...eventually the rainbow will come. Hugs to you!
WOW!! that sucks really bad, hope everything goes well!
I am become VERY resourceful through all of this and praying that I will come out a much stronger person! As far as the vehicle goes, I found the one I'm going to buy. I'm getting an used '06 caravan through my work for around $10,000. As far as the house goes, I contacted every "we buy houses" place on line yesterday that I could find. One of them so far has come back, and assuming that everything approves as it should, they have offered me about $2000 more then what I owe on my house! And, there is a house that I can sublet close to my sis and parent's, cheaper then my house pymt, bigger space, and heat is included!! I know God will not leave me stranded, and if I do my part, He will see me through to the other side!
Wow! God is so good, Holly. I know it's not fun but you are really going to have one amazing testimony after all this dust settles. Keep the faith, girl!
Post a Comment