6.24.2007

Partnership

Well, this is my 3rd Sunday at Resurrection Life, and I'm still really enjoying it. Today, they had the dedication of what most churches call members, but they call them partners. As they called each person up, they also said what those people were involved in w/the church. I thought that was really cool. The phrasing, but also that their partners feel the want to not only belong to the church but to be INVOLVED in the church. At my old church, it was so hard to get volunteers for anything, at least children related. I know, bc that's the department I worked in. I was always pulling teeth to get volunteers for nursery, and right now, I think we need almost all new Sunday school teachers for the little kids. It was just refreshing.
Also, the sermon was again, very good. It was about mirrors and how we all live by mirrors. Not just mirrors that are on the wall, but also things that the world tells us we should look like or be like. We're constantly tring to improve ourselves according to what the "mirrors" tell us we should be. Then, he said how Christians should use the Bible as their mirror, but not just to look back and forth btwn to see what we should be or what we should do. He asked the ladies in the audience if someone had a compact mirror in their purse. Then, he used it to reflect light into people's faces. His point being, that we aren't just supposed to use the Bible as a mirror to look at ourselves, but we should be using what we get from the Bible to shine into the dark world onto others. Anyways, it was really good, and he's great at putting things down to a level that is understandable. I'm really enjoying it there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have found the church for you!!! Good Luck!!!!!

Holly said...

well, I plan on trying out at least one more church, possibly two. But, I want to go 4-5wks at one place just to get a true feel of it. So far, I'm enjoying this one, but I'll see what else might be in store for me. I know there's a church out there that will not only be able to feed me spiritually, but also have ministries for where I am at in my life.