Oh, I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was scheduled to be induced on 2-22-06 bc even though I'd been having contractions every night for over a week, the little boy inside of me was not deciding to come out. Tuesday morning, 2-21-06, I woke up as I had been w/contractions at 3 in the morning. But, this time, I told myself I wasn't even going to waste my time w/timing them bc I knew, like every other morning, as soon as an hour passed, the contractions would pass as well. So, I went back to sleep, only to be awoken again at 5 w/them being as strong as ever. I remember Shaun woke up and went to the bathroom. By time he came back, he knew it was the real thing and called into work. I waited for another hour b4 calling my mother to tell her that she needed to call into work. By 7, my mom was over to take Jaden to the babysitters b4 joining us at the hospital, and Shaun and I were off to Bronson. By time I got checked in, it was 8, and I was 8cms dialated. I received an epidural and rested for a bit. By 11, my doctor was broke my water, and it was time to start pushing. At 11:35, I delivered my second baby boy whom we named Asher Lee. Asher is Hebrew meaning "happy and blessed", and Lee is my father's middle name.

My family has yet to forgive me for letting them take this picture, but I laugh everytime I see it! I say, this is what I'm going to use for birthcontrol for Asher. I'm going to pull each of his little girlfriends to the side and say, "if you're thinking of having sex w/my son, look long and hard at this bc this is what you'll get"...LOL Asher was the worst of my colicky babies! He was colicky for 6mos. I had to give up all diary products and still he was NOT a happy baby. There for a while, I thought for sure we'd picked the wrong name for him :P
But Asher is a happy baby and very much my blessing!! He's still my little baby, a momma's boy. Like his brother, he likes anything w/wheels, though trains would have to be his favorite. And, I'd say that football is his favorite sport. I'm just so happy to have him in my life and can't wait for more! Happy Birthday Baby!!!
3 comments:
jeez he is sooo cute!!
thanks,I think so, but I'm a little prejudice :P
Adorable babies! I like the scrunched up newborn look. ;-)
Post a Comment