8.02.2009

it's time

In a coulple weeks, Shaun will move out of the house we bought together over 6yrs ago. I can't say I'm sad about it. Our neighbors on the one side weren't the best. They've burnt holes in our fence, thrown rocks at our dogs, spray painted the side of the house and egged the front of it. I was thankful to have moved out a year ago and will be happy to see the boys move out of it as well. Not to mention the toilet is aweful, and the sink is always clogged no matter what. Oh, and did I mention that it's SMALL! It was the perfect size when we moved in just the two of us, but add two boys, and you're like, what was I thinking?!? Lol. So today, we had a garage sale to get rid of all the junk we'd collected over the years, and we must have had a lot of junk too bc we did VERY well :) I feel bad about missing church, and I was looking forward to hearing Pastor Lee preach after him being gone for 3wks. This was very last notice, due to Shaun finally deciding where he wants to live and getting approved to move in so quickly. And I never have Saturdays off, and I didn't want to have the garage sale by myself. So since he already had today off, we just decided that today was the day to have it. And what a good day it turned out to be. I don't think I've ever made over $20 at a garage sale, but even after splitting the profits, buying dinner, and setting aside money for a new booster for Jaden, I walked away w/over triple that. I'm burnt but not complaining. The boys are exhausted and were filthy! They've since had baths which is where I'll be going soon (trying to get Asher to fall asleep first but that may not happen). Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

No comments: