So, on Wednesday Asher went to be evaluated for a mood disorder. I had no intentions of putting him on meds, still don't for that matter, but I wanted to know all of what I'm dealing with when it comes to my son. So, after taking a history and observing Asher, the conclusion is that he is probably ADHD and that he has an up/down mood disorder which when googled points to bipolar. They lady wants him to be neurologically tested, though she's not sure if they will since he's so young. We go back to see her in about 6wks. She wants to have his hearing checked and do some blood work on him. She agrees that OT is the best thing for him at this time. In fact, I'm in the process of having him switched to Kinetic Kids bc I'm told they do a better job not only w/the child but w/involving the family. Kyle (his current OT) does a great job w/him, but most of the time, I don't find it very informative or helpful for me. So, we're going to give this other place a try bc Krissy (his worker) thinks he should be making better progress by now.
On the day of the evaluation, I wanted to post this, but I was just too overwhelmed by it all. I just feel like, if it's not one thing, it's another. J has all these health issues, and now Asher is having mental issues. Sometimes I wonder just how strong God thinks I am, bc He sure is giving me a lot to handle! I just ask for prayers. Prayers that we'll find the best way to help Asher, and God willing, that he'd be healed all together!! I love both of my boys, and all I want for them is to have the happiest and fullest life they can!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment