10.27.2011

bragging rights

I get bragging rights every once in a while, right? I'm just so impressed w/how well all of us are doing this year in school. Jaden LOVES 1st grade. He really didn't like kindergarten so I was afraid he'd hate 1st grade even more. But, he hasn't gotten in trouble once and is averaging the grades I expected him to. Asher is loving kindergarten, though I must say I'm not surprised. He thrives on structure. The only thing I was worried about was that it was full day, bc he took naps all the way up to school. But, w/having his meds adjusted, he's able to make it just fine through the school day. All his teachers and even the lunch parents think he's just the cutest. I too am doing very well, surprisingly so. I'm at 100% in my accounting class for everything. Just confirms that accounting is where I should be! I'm in the 90s for my english and business class. I honestly don't know where I'm at for my sociology class. That class is a bit of a struggle, so I'd guess I'm in the lower 90s/higher 80s in that class.
I'm still not working. I'm focusing totally on schooling right now. I want to go FT and get my two years at KVCC done. There is a lady at my church who is going to be starting her business hopefully January of next year, and she's discussed about bringing me on when she starts. That would be awesome!! Not sure how, but God has been providing, and we're staying afloat. We are truly blessed!
I also started up a single mom's group at my church in the summer. No one showed for summer, but I've had one regular this fall. I'm switching my days which seemed to be the issue for a lot of people, and I have 2-4 possibilities to start coming. I'm SO excited!! I absolutely love my church, and while I know people, I didn't feel really connected. But starting this group as been a good growth step for me, and it's helped me get connected. I have some great ladies at church who are just an awesome support system for me. Really, I'm blessed!

No comments: