12.23.2012

Christmas Time

Are we seriously at the end of another year? I know I've said this before, but I really wish life would have gone this quickly back when I was in grade school. Now, I wish it would slow down a bit. My babies are growing up way too quickly. Asher, I think, is willing to be my baby a little longer at least lol. Gotta love that boy :) Holidays are usually pretty hard for me. For me, they are a huge reminder of everything I don't have any more. And, I'm not talking the physical things. I'm referring to family, family traditions...things of that nature. I will say, I'm doing the best this year than I've done in quite a few years. Last year was a very dark one for me. Thank God I had my boys! They were the only things keeping me alive. This year, I think I've accepted things a little more, had a much lighter school load, and I started physical therapy to help deal w/the constant pain I was in. As I write at 12:53 in the morning, I still haven't found a cure for my insomnia though lol. Hopefully that will come in time too :) The boys are doing well. Had a really rough patch w/Asher a few weeks back when we told him we had to switch OTs. He seems to be over it, but we'll find out when he actually starts his new OT this week. Jaden is starting OT as well. I know J at least is excited about this new change. I also transformed half of the basement into a little therapy room for them as well. They'll be able to go down there and throw balls, punch their bags, and jump on the trampoline when needed. "Heavy work" as it's referred to seems to work well w/both of them. I'd like to get a swing, but we'll see how that plays out. Possibly by the end of next year, we could have an official new member to our little family. I'm currently in the process of becoming licensed to do foster care w/the intent to adopt. It's always been something that I've felt called to do. My vision was to wait till after school, but I really felt like God was saying it was time and to trust Him. So, that's what I'm doing. I'm all in! And honestly, it feels good. I know some people think I'm crazy, but really, is that anything new? lol. As I look back on this past year, I'm just extremely grateful! I'm grateful that my children have made the transition into public schools so smoothly. I absolutely love Jaden's teacher. She's just a God-send w/him. I'm thankful that my doctor prescribed physical therapy. I know that sounds weird, but I was so stressed, my muscles so tight, that I was in constant pain which did not make for a happy me. In just over a month, I've made great improvement. I'm thankful for the relationships that I've been building in my church family. I was finally able to do a Bible study, and just had a great group of ladies to be with. But mostly, I'm thankful for my family, blood and not blood. My friend Crystal has really been great at letting us join her for all the traditional "family times" through out the year. Our children get along pretty well, so you can't ask for much more than that. And, I'm thankful for my boys. As always, their goal is to see who can give mommy grey hair first, but I love the little boogers none the less. They really are my pride and joy, even if that sounds cliche. As the year ends, I hope that all of you have something good to look back upon, something to be thankful for. This year, I'm going to try to do a jar and put notes every time something good happens in our lives. Then at the end of the year, I can really get a grasp of everything God has done for my family. Praying that all of you reading this are well and enjoying the holidays w/your loved ones as well. Merry Christmas!

No comments: