2.21.2007

Do I have a right?

Lately, I have been deeply depressed by my life. I've found myself tired, extremely tired. I get up later and later. Go to bed earlier and earlier. Nothing helps.
I feel overwhelmed. The other day I made my mom run to Meijer w/me bc I just couldn't take Jaden any more for the day. How does a two year old get to me so? How do I LET a two year old get to me so?? I LOVE my boys to death, both of them. Jaden is just SO full of life...the typical terrible twos. I still worry about his eye. I can't decide if I should get him in sooner. Somedays his eye seems to be worse, but other days he seems to be normal, for him at least. I don't want to over-react, but I don't want to under-react either. I do want to cause his eye to get worse, but I don't want them to say it's fine, and I brought him in too soon. I mean, it's not like they're in town where I could just drop him in for a quick check up.
Asher is a momma's boy, which mostly I love. I love that he wants me and needs me. Jaden turned to a daddy's boy around 6mos, and he hasn't come back since :( But, there are days when I wish I could get a break w/out Asher wanting to be right there. And, he's SO particular about everything. At my parent's house, he will only sleep in one room, he's scared of the others. W/people, if he will go to you right away w/out screaming at you, feel VERY special. He's very different from his older brother, but how could I NOT love these sweet faces?!?

Then there's finances, my marriage, and the fact that mostly I feel all alone. I don't do anything. I don't go anywhere. I don't have friends to call. I have the internet....how sad is that? But, do I have a right to be down? I am to find comfort in Christ and strength in Him. Why is that so easier said then done??

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey there Holly! You have me, you can call me anytime! If you want to come over and play we can let Matthew and Jaden go crazy! I know how you feel about the crazy 2 year old stage! Please call me if you want or need to talk!

Janine said...

Holly, I was in your shoes once. Not quite the same, but very similar. It's so hard being a young mom with few friends your own age who are also in your same stage in life. Use this time to get closer to God and ask Him to lead you to friends that will help you in your walk. As you grow closer to Him, it will be amazing how your other issues will take care of themselves.

Holly said...

Thanks guys. I know I can always call, but I hate being that way. I don't like inviting myself over to someone's house, and I especially hate if it's bc I just can't deal w/the day. I'd invite people to my house but it's SO small. W/three babies, it's already packed out, let alone to add more babies. I'll be glad when summer comes so we can get outside and go for park playdates!