2.10.2007

Jaden is TWO

Ok, so it's a couple days late, but Jaden turned two!! I can't believe it's been two years since he came into our lives. I remember the delivery as if it were yesterday! I feel in love w/him the instant I saw him or should I say, held him. I couldn't see him for a couple hours after he was born bc I had pushed so hard that my face was swollen, and I couldn't open my eyes very well. He's changed so much since he was 1st born. He was a colicky baby, always crying, always needing to be held. Then, he turned into the happiest little person.

He still is happy, but he's definitely in the terrible twos and tests every limit he can! He can be SO stubborn, which of course, I have NO CLUE where he gets that from...LOL :) He's starting to be able to reason w/some things. Like, he's started listening if I tell him, if you do ..... then you will get a ..... Or sometimes I'll ask him if he wants a time out or spanking, and of course he says no. So, then I tell him well don't do that or else you'll get one.
I took him for his yearly check up, and he is in the 50% for height, 94% for weight, and 97% for his head....poor guy, he has such a BIG head :) She said he looks very well proportioned though, and I would have to agree. We're still scheduled to go to Ann Arbor again for his eye in April. I have been wondering if we should move it up, but it's so hard to tell if his eye is getting worse or not.
Well, speaking of Jaden, it's his nap time, so I should be going. I've started laying down w/him for a morning nap bc it seems to be the only way to get him to sleep. He would just go and go if I didn't make him stay still and putting him in his room does no good. He doesn't stay put, and I just spend the whole time putting him back in his bed. KIDS! :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Jaden!! He is such a cutie!! I can't believe our boys are big boys now!! Matthew misses playing with him. He is finally better so maybe he will see him at LAMBS!

SUE

Holly said...

Jaden misses all his buddies too! We won't be there on Sunday, but I'll see you at LAMBS :)