What does it really mean to live a Christ-like life?? What does it really mean to be Christ-like? Something I've realized about myself. During the times when I felt most spiritual in my life, I got into a lot of Biblical debates, quoted a lot of scripture, and generally pissed a lot of people off bc they felt I was cramming my beliefs down their throats. But, I used to love to quote scriptures such as the following so that I felt justified.
1 Peter 2:11-12
Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
or
Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I mean, obviously, I must have been doing something right bc I was living apart from the world and they didn't like me. So, I was being Christ-like, right??
One of the many things that I love about my church is how our pastor can preach and convict me on many levels w/out condemning me. I think there is a BIG difference. He's actually touched on that a few times in that convicting is done through love and caring, and condemning is done by judging someone. When people used to tell me I was judging them by quoting scripture at them, I used to say, "if you feel judged it's not by me but my the scriptures...take it up w/God". WOW, was I full of myself or what??
Another thing that my pastor has pointed out recently is that most non-Christians don't want to be around Christians but usually not bc we make them feel a need to change in their lifes. Christ drew and couldn't keep non-believers away from Him bc they saw something in His life, in how He spoke and dealt w/them, they saw and heard something that didn't make them want to shut down and walk away but it made them want to get to know Him even better. Really the only people he ticked off were the pharisees that thought they were better than everyone else. And, I think most Christians would all agree that Christ led a perfect life. So why don't more Christian's striving to live a perfect, Christ-like life draw more people towards them vs pushing them away to wanting nothing to do w/Christ?
Seriously, are the majority of us Christians really living a Christ-like life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
yes we should get together!!!
Post a Comment