7.20.2008

the good and the bad

Ok, I would lie if I were to sit here and tell you all that I'm the perfect mom and that my kids are the perfect 3 & 2 yr old. That being said, through the good and the bad of our day, I'm very proud of myself as a mom and my boys!!
To tell you how the day started, I might as well go to last night. The boys have been w/Nana and Papaw since Wednesday. My parent's went on vacation, so the IL's offered to help out in the daycare area and took the boys up north to the condo. I know the boys have fun, and even though I'm still not thrilled w/my little ones being that far away, I know it's good for all envolved. So, last night I got them back after them being gone practically all week. They were having a rough time so I let them join me in bed. We watched 101 Dalmations which I'd rented for them, and I'm not sure who fell asleep when but I think we were all out rather quickly.
So my day started w/waking up to Jaden having peed in my bed. I was not thrilled to say the least but luckily it was bath time anyways. So, we get baths, we eat breakfast and head off to church. After church, we went and FINALLY found a pair of sandals for Jaden at Gander Mountain. Amazingly, all the stores have turned to winter stuff so it was hard to find a pair in the right size and that I liked. Nana and Papaw's new puppy Chip had chewed up Jaden's sandals a week b4, and I had the HARDEST time replacing them....grrrr.
But after naps, having met my one goal for the day, I decided to take them out to dinner. I didn't feel like making anything nor did I really have anything in the house to cook :P So, we went to Applebees. Risky, I know, but I didn't want fast food. First obsticle was that Jaden wanted pizza, but out of all the kids meals they offered (and they had pretty much every option a kid could want), pizza was not on the list. So, Jaden was frustrated bc for some reason he really wanted pizza, but we were able to work through it rather well. Then, Asher, who I had to wake up from nap b4 risking him not wanting to go to bed tonight, decided that he was going to be his stubborn little self and didn't want to sit in the highchair. So, I gave him 2 options as I always do which were do as I asked or get a spanking. He chose to continue to be stubborn which of course equalled him getting spanked. Afterwards, he still was a little mouthy about it, but when he was told his choices again, he decided to sit. Dinner for the most part went rather well after that. Asher's stubborness came out again when he didn't want to say thank you to the girl for his chocolate milk, but after being given the option to say thank you or lose his drink, he decided to say thank you. Both boys ended up eating part of my food, which I knew they would which is why I got nachos, but they still did a good job eating their food too. They both prety much cleaned their plates and mine..lol. Now, from the time we sat down to when I asked for the check, there was an older lady eating alone and enjoying a book right across from us. She would be of the age that children are seen and not heard. And, while I feel my kids can be well behaved, they are definitely seen and heard. But, to my surprise and pride, she came over and asked to shake each of the boys' hands for being so well behaved, and told me that she was impressed w/my mothering.
Now, as I said in the very beginning, my children aren't perfect and I'd lie if I even pretended they were. But tonight, I was very proud of myself and my little boys!!!

1 comment:

Janine said...

It just goes to show how much positive comments can do to make someone's day. I am glad that you had a nice dinner out with the boys.