5.14.2009

Eye Surgery

Well, we went to the GR Ophthalmology to see Dr Piippo to get a 2nd opinion on J's eyes. Shaun and I both agree he will be going back there for the rest of his appts to check on his vision bc we actually felt for once that someone took the time and did an actual eye exam on him. She said his good eye is better than his bad eye, and that both have slight stigmatisms forming in them. She suggested we do the surgery now. She feels he's old enough that they can get a pretty good measurement for his eye lid. Doesn't mean he won't have more surgeries down the road, but she feels we should at least get the ball rolling. Then after the surgery, we're to go back to her in a month or so to get his eyes rechecked. I'm thinking glasses may still be in his near future. I called Dr Nelson at UoM, and I'm just waiting to hear back for an appt date. My poor guys has been through a lot, and it looks like he's got a little more coming his way.

No comments: