I can't believe the weekend is over already! I had such a great 3days off from work, I'm very sad to have to return! Friday I started the bike saga. I have a bike for J that attatches to the end of my bike that I got from my boss, and I was trying to find a way to attatch a carrier for Asher. So, I went over to my sister's house to get some tools and spent about an hour there working on it. After work and after dinner w/the boys at CiCi's, their fav place to eat (thank goodness it's cheap bc it's not the best food), Shaun helped me for another hour. The problem w/the first carrier which put Asher in front of me, was that it attatched in the back w/J's and put me up to high. I'm evidentally short..lol. So the next day we went to Toyrus and got the carrier that sits on the back. After 2hrs of fighting w/that, I got it on but it didn't allow J's bike to turn. I was SO frustrated!! So the boys and I had another day of not biking, but we had fun together. Sunday was church of course, and afterwards we went to the GR mall w/my sister. The boys love it there bc they always get to ride the carosel, have cookies, and play in the inside play area. What more could little boys ask for? Oh, that's right, they were asking to go for a bike ride! So, when we got home, Bethany's boyfriend and I put in another 2.5hrs trying to get the bike to work. This is the ONLY way we could make it work (don't try this at home!):

I must say it was very unstable, but the boys thought it was awesome! The thought of buying large training wheels did cross my mind only bc I wanted to make something work so bad for them! They were yet bummed again that they couldn't go biking. But, I had a back-up plan. I knew we were going biking w/my mom the next day. So the next day we get up, and I call my mom in the morning to make sure she has the bike carrier and everything so we can bike. She doesn't! I couldn't disappoint the boys again!! So I rushed over to Shaun's to grab his bike which had a seat for Asher, and went over to my sister's to get the attatchment for J for my bike, and we were in business! We biked at least 7miles, which for not having biked in a couple years and carrying a 40lb little boy behind me was not too bad IMPO. The boys had a great time! All in all, it was a good weekend. I enjoyed the time off w/the boys! Infact, they went to Shaun's last night, and I was all excited for the break. But now, just the morning after, I find myself missing them again :( Anyways, it's time to start another work week, yet another thing that doesn't thrill me. But, such is life. Hope everyone else had a great Memorial Day weekend, and many thanks to all who have, are, and will serve our nation!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment