Well, besides the ER trip to give birth to Asher, this is his first trip to the ER outside the womb. The boys have both been sick for a while. They've had cold symptoms for about a month, and the past 2wks they've been running fevers off and on. Well, J started the fevers last week, but Asher followed suit this week. So Tuesday I had them both in the peds office where they tell me they sound healthy, nothing is infected so it must be viral and I get to keep waiting it out. Not really what I want to hear bc personally I don't think you run a fever off and on for 2wks for nothing, but what do I know?
So this morning both boys are sleeping, and it's preschool morning so of course I don't get to sleep in w/them and have to wake them up. Since Asher has been finding his way to my bed and was in it last night, I chose to wake him up first. So he gets up, goes in and pees, and then runs to his bedroom crying. I'm thinking he's just being difficult and not wanting to get ready so I follow him in. I pick him up and he's panting like he's going to puke. As I'm thinking to myself, Lord don't let him puke all over me, he just passes out right in my arms. For the next half an hour, he would open his eyes long enough to look at me and then pass back out. I called the peds who told me to immediately take him to ER. I woke up J, called Shaun, and off to ER we went.
He was fairly alert through the car ride, even lit up for a minute when he saw the helicopter, but still very lathargic. He laid on the bed w/no energy as the doctors told me again how everything looked good. Of course they weren't telling me he wasn't sick, they were telling me there were no clues and no tests they could run that would give them the clues they needed. So they sent us home to keep an eye on him, and bring him back if there were any changes or any extra clues.
Luckily, he seems to be better. He definitely has his attitude back which is a good sign he's feeling better. We decided since Shaun had to go towards his parent's for work, that he would take Jaden to them for the weekend. The boys just don't seem to be getting better, and I can't afford to lose anymore time at work! So, I'm washing all their blankets, lysoling the whole house, and praying by Sunday whatever they have has left my household!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So sorry that the boys have struggled so much! Will be praying that they get better soon!
Post a Comment