Well, life hasn't slowed down any, that's for sure! Asher had his meeting w/his early intervention counselor on Monday. She will be meeting w/him once a week for 2hrs. She thinks he has a mood disorder which I strongly agree wtih. She is getting into occupational therapy to help him learn how to deal w/things vs just putting him on meds. Wednesday he had his speech therapist meeting. The therapist had him go through a book and tell her what each object was. If we'd stopped right there, she was going to tell me he didn't qualify. As she was going over her charts showing me how he didn't qualify, Asher started talking to her. And if you've ever met my son, you'll know that not only is he smart and has a HUGE vocabulary, he also talks non-stop. As he sat there talking to her, she finally realized where the problem came in. He doesn't talk like a normal 3yr old, and it's when he goes off into his lengthy sentences that he becomes unable to be understood. She also thinks he has some oral issues. So he'll be meeting w/the speech therapist twice a week. My schedule is getting fuller by the appointment..lol Jaden has his appointment on the 21st, and Lord help me if he needs anything!
I've been applying for new jobs. I really can't afford to wait it out and pray that I find something when they finally give me the official pink slip. I've applied for an even cheaper townhome. I'm praying that not only do I get in, but that my current complex will let me out a little early of my lease.
I'm praying and trying my hardest to trust that things will work out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Kylee has the same speech issues as Asher. Huge vocab but pronunciation is not quite right. She has been in speech therapy since January and doing well.
I meet on the 22nd to get our game plan for Asher, and then he'll start meeting twice a week w/them. I'm hoping it works well for him also.
Post a Comment