Well, I didn't say anything about this bc I really didn't think it would turn out to be anything serious. About a month ago, I went in for my yrly Gyno check up, and had an abnormal pap smear. No biggie, happens all the time. It's happened to me before, but as alwasy the schedule you for a closer look, possible biopsy to make sure that it's nothing. So, she started out by telling me that I had some pre-cancerous cells in my pap smear, but that 50% stay in that stage for a long time, 40% regress to nothing, and only 10% actually move forward. Then she started the procedure. She found 3 places that needed biopsied. She told me the cells are definitely worse than what they were in the pap-smear. She said we're probably into the more severe side of cancerous cells. She won't have results for me till Thursday/Friday, but has told me to prepare to have Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure done. Basically, they will go in and scoop out the bad cells. From there, they will study them closer to see if anything else needs to be done. If nothing else needs to be done at that time, I will have more regular pap-smears to keep an eye on things.
I know that in the scheme of things, it could be worse. I will probably be fine after the surgery and continue to live a healthy life. I really just was not prepared for this to be anything significant, and I'm not dealing well w/it right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Holly.
I am so sorry to hear about this.
You will be in my prayers.
I hope everything turns out ok.
Its actually quite common and the procedure isn't really that big of a deal. Your lucky that you do get regular paps and caught it before it turned into something more signifigant.
i'm praying for you
Post a Comment