All I can say is WOW. I was not expecting this fast to be as hard as it has been already. I mean, I knew it would be hard bc that's the whole part of a fast is dening yourself and relying on God. I just didn't think that Day One would be as hard as it was.
I think around 5pm yesterday, I was ready to call it quits. I had headaches and my stomach hurt bc it was hungry. Then I was reminded of the power of prayer, and I started praying. I can honestly say that I made it through yesterday ONLY by the power of prayer.
And if you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not! Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't eat healthy..lol I snack on chocolates all night at work, drink lots of pop, and very rarely eat my veggies for dinner. I love meat and pasta and milk. All of my "norms" are not allowed. After I'd prayed through the pain I was experiencing, my stomach was still making noises. Carol, one of the girls that I work with, was joking and said, "your stomach is saying, what am I supposed to do w/this healthy stuff?? it's a foreign object" LOL And, she's probably right.
Today, I woke up w/extreme hunger pains. The kind that make you not want to get out of bed bc they hurt so much, you're just praying the food is magically sitting in front of your face when you open you eyes. No such luck in my case. So, my day immediately started out in prayer.
I've always prayed, but I've never seen God answer so quickly. Usually I have to write my prayers down so I can go back and be like, God answered that this way. Or, I blog stuff on here, and it reminds me of how God answered a prayer. But when I pray about headaches and stomach aches and w/in seconds their gone....
God is great and greatly to be praised!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
you probably have caffeine withdrawal....:P I would too from all the coffee I drink. Hang in there Holly! You sound like you are learning so much and being blessed by this!
oh, I'd say it was caffeine withdrawl for sure! I usually have at least 2 pops a day if not more.
Post a Comment