9.23.2009

Preliminary Evaluations

So the boys had their preliminary evaluations today. Jaden did so good at listening and doing as he was directed. I could tell he got frustrated from time to time. He would sigh and put his hand to his face. I was so proud of him for what he did know, my heart hurt for him when I could see him struggling, and I learned a few things about him that I didn't know. He was in the middle for about everything, but they're having him meet w/the OT and speech therapist anyways. He goes back in October.
Then there's Asher. I don't know what's changed or going on w/him, but these past weeks he's become unbearable. He's really acting out, I mean BAD! I'm pretty much at my whits end w/him. He's even acting out enough at school that he was told he can't go on their field trip tomorrow. Anyways, I'm getting ahead of my story. Asher had his evaluations today. He's doing fine developmentally, but he's meeting w/the speech therapist next week. I have a strong feeling he will be having speech therapy. But while we were there the lady mentioned they do psych evaluations, and of course, I said sign Asher up for anger management classes...lol Anyways, she said it was only for things that affect school, and I said, well he's going to get himself kicked out of preschool w/his behavior. Anyways, she gave me the name of this lady who actually has a program called "keep my child in preschool". So I gave her a call today and left a message. I'm not sure what exactly she does, but I'm excited to start seeking some outside help/advice for Asher. I've tried everything I can think of. I pray about him everytime I say my prayers. He's only getting worse. I try talking to him, but if he really understands what it is thats bothering him, he won't tell me.
I also had an appointment this week. Actually, I have one tomorrow too. I had blood work done yesterday to see if maybe I'm having thyroid issues, but now that I'm writing this, I realize they were supposed to call today if there was something wrong. So, I guess nothing is wrong w/my thyroid which means that it's stress. Which really doesn't make me feel any better because I don't think any new medication is going to cure that from my life. Tomorrow I meet w/my gyno, and if all turns out good, I'll start going yearly to have check ups on the cervical cancer. My doctor is fairly certain all will be good.
Please surround my family w/prayer because we need a lot of it! I truly don't know how much more I can take at this poing in my life. It seems like I can never catch a break, and even when I do, it's only a matter of time before it's taken right out from underneith me again. There is a lot of things, a lot of struggles, a lot of unanswerables, I just need prayer!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

will pray