So, last year J's teachers told us that he's not where he needs to be developmentally. We of course attributed a lot of it to his eye issues and ear issues and decided to wait till we got those out of the way. But when we went to the eye specialist, they told us it shouldn't be affecting his vision that significantly. So, we or maybe I decided to follow up and schedule testing. And, I figured while I was at it, I'd have Asher tested for his speach as well. He does good w/speaking but has a stuttering issue. It's not that he can't get the whole word out, it's like he can't get past the word and on to the next. So, the week of the 20th both boys will be tested. They'll do an initial 1.5hr test for each, and we'll go from there. While I pray that it's nothing major, I want to be proactive on this while they're young so that hopefully we can work through it before they start school. Which for J is NEXT YEAR!!! My baby will be in preschool :( It doesn't seem possible.....
And, I'm packing because I'm taking the boys away this weekend for a mini-vaca at the water park in Shipshewana. Between me working all the time and being short on money, we haven't really been able to do anything in a while. And next week they both start preschool. I just thought it was a perfect time w/the 3day wkend to go do something fun. I had a little money stashed away for a rainy day and decided what the heck. I called and got my sister's to come along for support and got my mom to come too because I knew she'd been wanting to go to Shipshewana anyways. the boys are super excited, and I must say so am I!! We'll leave tomorrow as soon as I get out of work (which of course won't be able to come soon enough), and we'll come back tomorrow night. Praying for a safe ride and a great time w/my family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment