Well, I don't think I blogged about this 1st update, but I had a job interview at BabiesRUs this past Tuesday. I'm not wanting a job, but my husband thinks it's for the best. So, I applied, got called the very next day, and had my interview. It was a group interview which was really weird, but I still felt it went ok. They told me I would either get a call w/in 2days saying I had a job, or a letter in the mail saying thanks but no thanks. Well, yesterday, I got my letter. I told God that if this is what He wanted, all He had to do was open the door and I would step through, even though my heart is here at home w/my boys. Thankfully, for me at least, this wasn't His will. That doesn't mean He won't bring something else to my attention, but BRU is it not.
Yesterday, we also took Jaden to Ann Arbor. We have another appointment on April 19th, and from there, we will have a surgery date, one of probably a few. She explained it like this, his one eye has say 100 eye lid muscles, and his bad eye has maybe 60. To correct it, they pull up on the muscles, so his eye lid raises enough, but that also means that it will never fully close. They said the day of surgery it won't close at all. She's done many of these, but not usually on kids his age. She did the test where the eye doctor covers each eye one at a time. His good eye, he swatted her away immediately. His bad eye, she was able to cover it for 5-6 seconds b4 he ever realized her hand was there. She said he's already favoring his good eye bc he's already lost sight in the bad eye. If he continues to lose sight, his eye will go lazy. So, for the next 3mos, we have to do exercises w/him and if we see his eye getting any worse, we have to get in sooner. They weren't able to get good measurements on his eye and are hoping that in 3mos he will sit still better...lol, fat chance! She says, normally, they would keep the person awake so they can make sure the get it done right the 1st time around, but since he's so little, he'll be put out. So, that means this will probably be done over a couple if not several surgeries till they get it correct. It makes me sad that he has to have surgery, though I'm not surprised too much. I was surprised that it will probably take more then one surgery. I'm sad that he's already losing sight in his eye, I mean, he's not even 2 yet. I'm for sure not looking forward to all the trips to Ann Arbor that we're going to have to make. But, I am glad that we are doing something while he's young and b4 too much damage is done.
Last, I have a prayer request. Our last youth pastor, Josh, was on vacation in Mexico and had a diving accident. Last I knew he was in critical condition, in a drug induced coma, and unable to be moved back to the states. He has a wife who is pregnant, and 2 little kiddos. PLEASE keep them in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
wow, that is a full plate for the little guy......i really hope everything goes smoothly with any other testing and surgries coming. He will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment