1.04.2008

Fired

Well, I guess I can now say I've been fired from a job. Ever since I filed the sexual harrassment case at M&M Motormall, they've been treating me like crap. Jay, the girl that I work with has been getting really mean and petty towards me, plus she's been getting lazy at her job. But, since I'm not one to go tattle constantly, I just kept all of her flaws to myself. Well, it all came to a head the Friday b4 New Years. I'd found out that, for a 2nd week in a row, I wasn't going to be working Monday or Tuesday bc of the holidays which REALLY hurts my paychecks! So, I went to talk to our boss Lavada, just to clarify that I really wasn't going to be working Monday and to share how much that was going to hurt my paycheck. Lavada suggested that Jay and I split Monday, and since Jay got paid for the holiday plus worked on Saturday, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea. Well, Jay had a tantrum about it, so Lavada and I decided to think of something else. Lavada said that the girls in the office had suggested that I be trained to work in there to help out on weekends, vacations, and such. So, I was scheduled to come in early Wed-Fri to train and start working in the office 2wkends later. On Saturdays, just one of us work, and last Saturday was my day to work. Well, Jay ended up showing up too, knowing full well that it was my day to work, so that she could chew me out about everything. At this point, I decided to let her have my point of view about everything bc I was extrememly pissed off that she had the nerve to come in on her day off only to chew me out!! So, Wednesday when I got in, I went to Lavada and told her what had happened, and she said that she was going to talk to Jay on Thursday and that if Jay didn't straighten up, she'd be fired. So, yesterday I went into work early, to continue training for the new position, and Lavada was waiting for me. She took me into her office and had us close the door which is never a good sign. She looks at me and says "you're terminated as of this moment". I was like, WHAT THE HECK?!?!? I was totally thrown for a loop. I asked her why, what her reason was, and she said, "bc I can". What type of BS answer is that??? So, I am now out my main job. To top it off, my child support started going through the Friend of the Court this month, and they don't have the paperwork done for it. They said it could me 6-8wks b4 I start receiving my checks. So, not only did I lose my main income, but I also lost my CS. I've been applying for jobs for the past week or so, but haven't heard anything as of yet.
As far as M&M goes, I dare them to hire a new girl bc if they do, I'm going to try to sue them bc I guarentee the only reason I got fired is bc of the sexual harrassment case bc nothing else makes sense. Especially since they'd just started training me for a new position. I would guess that Jay took her complaints to Randy, one of the head owners. Randy hasn't been happy w/me ever since I filed bc I wasn't happy w/the fact that he did absolutely nothing about it! So, I'd almost put money on it that he is the reason I'm fired bc I've never missed a day, never disobeyed an order by my boss, never done anything to warrent getting fired.
As for as finances go, I don't know what I'm going to do. This might just be the 1st month that I miss pymts on things bc I have no money coming in at this time. Jackson Hewitt hasn't started up yet bc the tax season isn't going yet, and I have practically nothing coming from M&M bc this was a holiday week, and I'd only worked 6hrs.
Please just keep me and the boys in your prayers!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry Holly. I'll deffinately keep you in my prayers and hope something comes up for you.

Susan said...

Did you do all the training for Jackson Hewitt? Don't forget to call and ask Jeff if you have any questions about working there.
SUE

Holly said...

I finished my training. I have at least one day next week at my spot in the mall. But, I don't think we really start taking people for at least another week or so. I forgot that Jeff worked there!

Anonymous said...

Michigan is an at will employment state....aka they need no reason to fire someone. As far as bringing up the SH thing...I advise against it because...you have waited to long and after they "dealt with it" you did not mention it again? which tells the company you are satisfied with the situation. Sorry to sound like downer.
Maybe you should try a doing a financial thing you only have to go to a class for a weekend and god knows people are in need of this right now.
Or maybe you should take classes for real estate sales... it's only about two weeks and then you need to find a sponsor and you can work when you choose.
I am sorry your life seems to be sprialing downward but God must have a reason for this as he always does. Good luck and you will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow you need that weekend away. I hope you enjoy it....

Janine said...

That's a huge bummer. You should be able to get unemployment, right? I'd check with your church and then I'd contact all your creditors and give them a heads up and find out what your options are. I know I've had family members that have gone through similar circumstances and they were given a grace period because they were proactive.

Anonymous said...

When God takes something from your grasp, It's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Holly said...

Actually, my SH case was closed w/it put in writing that I was NOT happy w/how it was handled, and I actually have that in writing from M&M.
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I keep telling myself that God hasn't let me down yet, and that He must have a plan in all of this. I don't see how exactly it's all going to work out, but I'm trying to trust!

Carrie said...

Holly, I am so sorry about your job loss. I will be praying for you and the boys as you search for something in the mean time. I hope the Jackson-Hewitt thing works out!