As for me, I'm still enjoying my job at JH even though it's a pay cut. I'm hoping that my child support will start up soon. I did find out that I'm just waiting for Meijer to send back the paperwork so that it can get processed. As for other jobs, I'm still applying for anything and everything that I think I could qualify for. I haven't heard anything though, so that's getting kind of discouraging.
In church last week, Pastor Lee challenged all of us in our tithes. He said the reason God asks us to give 10% back to him is for several reasons, one of which being that where we trust are money shows a lot about where we are. I will admit, I had been tithing, but not the full 10%. I guess I felt God would understand and just be grateful that I was even giving a little. Pastor Lee quoted Malachi 3:8-12
8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
"In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.
And, he challenged all of us, even those whom have never tithed to tithe the full amount on Sunday as a whole entire church and actually put God to the test to see if He doesn't prove true in our lives. So, that's what the majority of our church agreed to do. There were a few in both services that said they'd have to think about it, but most everyone took the challenge. I too am going to take the challenge and see what God has instore for me. I agree that if God didn't give me a job, then I wouldn't have any money to my name, and I need to show gratitude by giving back to Him what little he asks. I'll keep you all updated as to what blessings I see come out of this.



8 comments:
I don't understand what the 10 percent means 10 percent of what.. Sorry I don't go to church
10% of what I earn is to be returned to God.
So if you make $50 you give the church $5...makes sense I guess, what does the church do with the $. Do they give it to people who are not so well in the church?
Does a pastor/minister or whatever get paid and if so how?
the pastor does get paid out of it as decided by the church when it comes time to approve the budget each year. our church also gives to local missions type places in the community and we also support several missionaries. so, the money is put to good use to help those in need not only physically but spiritually as well.
Interesting...thank you
Praying Jaden's surgery goes well!!
hey, girl.
i will say that in our experience, faithful tithing has not led to the financial floodgates being opened in our house, ha. but it's good, a very concrete way to evaluate and exercise our faith.
listen to this...we heard this one guy at liberty...um, i think he owns the caterpillar equipment company...he committed ages ago to give 90% and live off 10%. isn't that amazing? and we all said, yeah, but he had oodles of money, and 10% of a lot is still a lot. then he continued to say that at one point, his business went bankrupt. his faith was definitely tested, but he kept his commitment to give 90%, no matter how much he was making. even when he lost everything and had to start all over, he still lived off 10%.
he wasn't telling us to boast; he appeared to be a very humble man. he was just challenging us to think bigger. it made a big impression on me.
oh, i missed tackling you at the christmas gathering. :)
anonymous- your welcome. thanks for asking :)
Melissa- thank you. I'll let everyone know asap how it went.
Mordy- I'm sorry I didn't make it to the Christmas party. I had to work till 8P, and by that time, it was already past the boys' bedtime. Sides, I hate to say it, but I feel like an outsider most times I'm around my old group of friends :( But, I definitely did miss seeing you and Kevin! And, had I not had to work, I probably would have come for a little bit bc I was still kinda wanting to see everyone.
Post a Comment