Not that I have yet to sit through a sermon at RLC that I didn't think was good, but he preached another real good one today. I've really been getting convicted about things.
Today's sermon was on how what comes out of the mouth comes from the overflow of the heart. And, I must say, that I need to do some working on my heart. I've become pretty bitter, and I've been dealing w/jealousy. I've picked up swearing again, and I know that God is not proud of what has been coming out recently.
The pastor suggested reading the book of Psalms bc he said that we need to live a life a praise. When we are constantly praising God for what He has and is doing in our lives and make our lives a life of worship, then what comes out of our mouth will reflect it.
So, I'm going to try to start reading the book of Psalms at nights b4 bed, and I'm going to start listening to worship songs on my mp3 player at work and in the car. I had been listening to WAYfm which is a Christian radio station, but I don't really care for it. So, the mp3 player will have to help me out :)
I've started making some other changes in my life, and I know that even though they will be for the best, they haven't been the easiest thing to do. So, just keep me in your prayers as I try to realign my life w/God's will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment