8.14.2007

Pink Eye

Yesterday Jaden woke up w/some eye booggers. This could be a number of things. It could mean a cold, though he didn't have any other symptoms. It could mean an ear infection, but again, nothing pointed to that. It could have been a fluke, but I've come to believe that when there's eye booggers, there's a sickness at hand. Usually, for Jaden, this means he has pink eye. I cleaned his eye, but they kept returning through out the day. So, I called and got him an appt at the peds. My mom had to take him bc I was at work, and sure enough, he has pink eye. The doctor said it's started going into the other eye too. So, he's going to be on even more meds along w/his daily routine. I swear, w/Jaden, it has been one thing after another since birth! First he had jaundice, then he had ear infections which led to tubes, and now he has allergies which causes him to constantly be sick. Yes, pink eye is common in kids w/allergies. I just wish he could be healthy!!
On a plus note for yesterday, both boys' iron is finally good and normal. I think this is the 1st time in probably a year that their iron has been where it should be. I should have gotten mine tested, but didn't think of it. Mines been low since having Jaden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey holly hope this pink eye thing doesn't last long and I hope he gets feeling better!!

Holly said...

It's already looking better! He's only on the meds for 4days, so 3 more to go.