8.05.2007

Faith

Well, after much thought about where to go to church today, I decided to go back to Resurrection Life Church (RLC). I think this might be the church for me...I really enjoy it and did miss it!

Today, the youth pastor preached bc the senior pastor was at a seminar. The youth group had just returned from a missions trip to South Africa. It was neat to hear the teens share their experiences. The kids would go into the village in the mornings, and they'd go from house to house. They would learn about the people's culture, help them w/chores around the house, and just be a witness to them. One lady they told us about was old and suffered from arthritus. She asked them as soon as they showed up if they had meds w/them, but they didn't, so they offered to pray for her. They went back two days later, and she said she had no pain. She said it was the 1st time in 20yrs that she'd slept through the night w/out pain. Isn't that awesome!

Then he went on to preach about faith. Faith being believing b4 seeing. He spoke about how a lot of times we wish God would just show Himself, and we feel like he's hiding from us during our most difficult times. Which by the way, I know that feeling very well, so I was listening intently. He said God does hide, so that WE will seek Him. He used the example of him playing hide and seek w/his 3yr old Ava. He hides, but no where too hard for her to find. He WANTS to be found, just as God wants us to find Him. God wants us to seek after Him! I've really been feeling convicted recently to spend more time in God's word, and after this, I REALLY feel like God is trying to get my attention.

Anyways, it was a really good sermon, and I'm glad I went!

No comments: