7.02.2006

Costochondritis

Yep, that's what I have! No seriosly, I'm not making this up. Yesterday, I started feeling a tightness in my chest, like someone was building a brick house on top of it. Towards the evening, I was starting to have some chest pains. My mother and I chaulked it up to stress. Stress you say...what kind of stress could I possibly be under??? LOL So, I took a long hot bath and made Shaun give me a back massage. I went to bed, only to be awoken this morning at 4A w/EXTREME sharp pains. I tried to wait them out, but they wouldn't go away. So, I called my mom to stay w/the boys, and Shaun and I went to the hospital. There they ran 2 EKGs, took x-rays, monitored my heart, and did blood work. All of which led us to costochondirits; Costochondritis is a syndrome of chest wall pain that is due to inflammation of the cartilage and bones in the chest wall. We can only conclude that it was brought on by my carring too much weight. Weight #1 being Jaden, and weight #2 being Asher. So, they put me on vicodin and motrin, and for the next 3 days, I'm not to pick up my boys or drive.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Since having Asher, I've had an inflamed pelvic bone and now this. I told my mom I BETTER not get pregnant any time soon, or my body is just going to fall to pieces!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey Hol! Wow, that is just totally random. But thank God it's nothing more serious!!

Holly said...

no doubt! I can say though that I hope I never have a real heart attack b/c the pains I was having were out of this world, and I can't imagine what a real heart attack would be like!!