12.19.2006

To Ann Arbor We Go

I'm sure most of you have noticed that Jaden has a lazy eye..

See it? Well, we took him to a specialist last year to have them look at it, but it was fine. They said to come back in a year, which we did. We just got back. Last year it wasn't covering his pupil at all, this year it's covering half of his pupil. Normally, they wouldn't do anything till he was 5 years old, but they're afraid that if he doesn't go get it further checked out, that by next year he wouldn't be able to see out of it. I'm waiting for our appointment date, but it should be sometime w/in the next 2mos. Hopefully it won't be anything serious like surgery!

3 comments:

Josh Buck said...

That pic of Jaden is absolutely too cute. I have noticed, but never knew it could effect eye sight. Remember Zoe's hemangioma on her eye lid? They removed that b/c it was hanging over her eye and they were worried it would effect her vision. They fixed it and she's been all set ever since! We'll be praying you get in quickly and they have a simple solution for you!

Janine said...

What a doll baby! I hope no surgery is needed. Enjoy your Christmas!!

Holly said...

I do remember Zoe's hemangioma. I'm wondering if they'd try a patch first (though I doubt he'd leave it on LOL), or if they'll just do surgery?