11.12.2007

Not As Planned

That seems to be a very good title for my life in general...."Not As Planned". I went for the interview for the job at the PO, and even though I'm sure I'll get offered one, I'm now not sure if I'll take it. I found out at the interview, that the job we applied for (not the one my dad thought we were applying for) is only guarenteed for 21 days. There is a strong likely hood that we could work more as long as we have good attendence records, but nothing would be promised. So, do I give up a job where I know I have hours, BUT could possibly be on the chopping block bc of my sexual harrassment filing. I've heard from a very reliable source that a few managers (including the one I filed against) have decided that I declared war when I filed. So, I'm not sure my job is safe, but if it is, I know I can take care of my family. OR, do I chance something at the PO where I'll have more hours and almost $2 more an hr in pay. It seems like a gamble either way you look at it....which is the safest bet??? I DON'T KNOW!
Then, there's still the insurance issues. His insurance options SUCK! When he moved out, his boss made him change his address, which does make sense, but it unqualified him for the insurance we had. And now that I've gotten a look at our options, I realize that they all SUCK! The one Meijer choose for him doesn't cover anything hospital related, and it only covers generic meds (it says that in BOLD print). W/Jaden, we NEED medicine coverage. The other 3 options that he has, has us paying $1000 PER PERSON b4 our insurance will kick in. Jaden will have that $1000 spent in no time, the only problem is, we won't have the $1000 to spend. So, do we stick w/the insurance that doesn't allow us to go to the hospital or get our kids meds? OR, do we go w/the insurance that won't cover until we put ourselves in the hole??
Today, I just want to crawl back in bed and cry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

21 days @ 8 hours per day X $2.00 per hour and with taxes taken out is only an additional 218.00 on top of whatever you would make now.

Holly said...

well, when you put it that way, it doesn't make sense quitting. though, i'm still not sure that my current job is safe. I would feel bad leaving a job w/somewhat security to go to a job that ended up lasting only 21days. But then again, what if it turns out to be more, and tomorrow I lose my current job????
*pulling out my hair*

Anonymous said...

There are always other opportunities out there...if you think the risk is going to become something more than go for it.....otherwise you find something else where you could be more comfortable and happier. It seems any way you go from here will be a risk......
Also, to be terminated after a sexual harrassment claim is bad business....they would have to wait awhile and then find another reason otherwise you could possibly sue them. So this job may be safer than you think.

Erin said...

yeah, we'll have to get the kids together soon, and not just them, we can get together just because we want to see eachother too:P

Holly said...

well, I don't think I'm going to take the PO job, but I am going to continue looking for another job. I want something better for my life and family!
and Erin, yes, I would love to get together just bc I want to see you and not necessarily bc of the kids :P