1.15.2009

Days Four, Five, Six, Seven & Eight

So Saturday ended w/me taking the boys to bowling. It was so much fun, but hard at the same time. It happened to be dinner time b4 we got done so I had to buy dinner for the boys and my sister Charity who came along. And, as I watched them eat and listened to my stomach growl, I thought, I could just take one fry, no one would have to know. But, w/God's strength, I didn't. I will say that as soon as bowling was done, we went straight to Meijer to buy me something acceptable to eat :)








Sunday had it's own temptations. I always get a donut on the way to church especially on days like that when I had nursery so I'm there for two services. But, I drove right past Sweetwaters....very hard! Then at lunch w/the family, my mom made pork. Now, I don't like pork but I LOVE the gravy from it which smelled SO good...I know bc I smelled it 3 or 4 times before letting it pass...lol But I passed on it as well.

Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much the same. No hunger pains, just cravings for bread, milk, chocolate. Anything and everything that wasn't allowed, I wanted it.

Thursday, today was the hardest yet, but not bc my cravings got worse but bc my days got worse in general. I had a break down today, literally. I had everyone I could think of praying for me. I'd go into details but it'd just make things worse. Today it was everything I could do NOT to call and order food, real food! I prayed and prayed today which didn't feel like it was working, but it must have bc I made it through. I have no promises that tomorrow will be better, but I do know that I have God on my side through prayer! OH, and lets not forget that I tried to make unleaved bread today. Wasn't the best..lol I'm trying again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Praying for you Holly! Call me if you need help with the boys! They are more than welcomed to play here anytime!
Sue