I love Sundays when I'm not in nursery bc I have such an awesome church and hate missing out on the services! Today I found out that my church has started a read the Bible in a year challenge. Last year, if you remember, we did a 14day fast. I think I made it half way or a little over, but this year, I'd really like to make it all the way! So, I'm a week behind and will have some catching up to do, but I'm ready for the challenge :)
Then, today's message was regarding tithing, and the different aspects that tithing plays in our life. The amazing thing is, my pastor feels SO strongly that if people would trust God w/his finances that He would bless them, that he's challenging everyone. He's challenging the whole church (at least those who aren't already tithing), to tithe 10% of their gross income for the next 90days and if they don't feel that God came through at the end, the church will REFUND everything they tithed! How radical is that?!? I must say, I LOVE my church, and I love how far they are willing to go to prove that God is faithful if we just trust Him w/our all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment