1.09.2012

2012

Is it really a new year?? Hard to believe we made it through another year, or should I say, I made it through another year. The end of last year, put me in probably one of the darkest places I have been in quite some time. There were days, that if I hadn't had 2 little boys depending on me, I'm not sure I would have made it through to 2012. Thank God for all the prayers and support that was showered down on me during that time. And thank God for healing that could only come through Him.
Last year had a lot in it. Started out the year working at home and was let go in August. FINALLY moved into housing I'd been waiting for over 2yrs to get into. Started back to school, and got not one, not two, but FOUR 4.0's my first semester. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of that one :) When I thought things couldn't get any worse w/my family, they did. Asher lost his first tooth. Jaden started cub scouts and LOVES it. There was a lot of change, a lot of hurt, and a lot of growth.
I'm still learning that you can't make anyone change, nor can you make them see the writing on the wall, especially when they know nothing else. You can only be responsible for yourself. I'm working on learning to forgive, not for anyone else, but for the freedom it'll bring to myself. Making me a better person, and more importantly a better mom. Really started zoning in on trying to learn unconditional love, and learning how to show love to my boys effectively.
For 2012, I'm trusting God for some miracles. He knows what I have on my heart, and He knows the great expectations I have. I'm hoping to keep my grades up, as I've set the bar pretty high for myself :) I'd really like to make it back to Florida again and have another family vacation as it's been 2yrs since our last. I'm turning 30 and looking forward to it!!! Really have some high hopes for 2012!
I pray that God not only blesses my family, but yours as well!! Here's some pictures to catch you up :)



1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you for sharing, Holly. So good to hear of God's faithfulness and growing you. ;)

Erin