8.02.2014
And Then Love...
If ever I write a book (as many have encouraged me to do), I think that will be the title because it has been the title of my life. More recently, the title to my continued journey. As I came back to my blog, I realized it's been almost a year since I wrote, and I left off at a very trying time in my life.
Last I wrote, I was sending the littlest home to be with her mom. My heart was breaking, not only for myself but for my children as we were handing back a part of our family. I knew it wouldn't be the last time, but also wasn't sure how we were going to cope. I cried a lot in the weeks after sending her home, and my boys did too. But thankfully, the littlest's mom has allowed us to stay a part of her life. She's in our home once a week. We celebrated Christmas and her first birthday with them. Our family was not shorted, but increased. God is good!!
Since the littlest has returned, we've brought a few into the home. We had a one and two year old for about a month. We had considered keeping them long term, but they just weren't the right fit. Great kids, just didn't work for where we are now. New Year's Eve day we got another call, but not for the girl we were so hoping to bring home. This time it was for a week old little boy. My head said, it's not a girl, but then love said, he needs a home. I went and asked the boys if they'd be ok with bringing a boy into the home. They were both upset, as I could relate to, but I explained to them what I had to explain to myself. Yes, we got into foster care with the hopes to adopt a little girl, but mostly, to help care for little ones in their times of need. So, with hesitation all around, we said yes. He wasn't able to come home till the end of that week, but Mr. T has been with us ever since. And love has truly taken over!
He is a very special needs little guy. It's the first placement where I've realized to be able to keep going, I HAVE to take time away to be by myself to recharge. He keeps us on the go full time, as if Asher wasn't full time in and of himself. But, Mr T has made his way not only into our home, but into our hearts. As always, we will love on him for as long as we can, and possibly forever with this little one. And as always, there will be more!!
I finished my associates just after the littlest left the home. I took a break when I took Mr. T in because of how much work he required. But, I can say that I am returning to go towards my Bachelors in the fall. The boys are doing well, and enjoying their summer. Everything is working out for His plan, I'm just trying to keep up. As always, keep us in your prayers, and God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment