9.18.2006

Life Insurance

Well, I have one night left of my life insurance training, then all I have to do is take my test! I am learning SO much!! This is the state's book on life insurance, and it just amazes me how much people get ripped off on stuff like whole life insurance. Shaun and I did FINALLY get life insurance on ourselves. I feel much better now that I know both of us are protected. If something would happen to Shaun, I wouldn't go bankrupt and lose EVERYTHING. On the contrary, my bills including the house would be paid off, I'd have an income to live off of, and we even have it built in that the boys' college funds would be filled. If something would happen to Shaun, again our bills would be paid off, the boys would have college funds, and he would have income to help out w/childcare. Sadly, if something were to happen to both of us, I know that my family wouldn't be stuck w/our bills and w/the financial responsibility of taking care of two small boys. It's just SUCH a relief!! Oh, and the boys were added on (for $6 a yr each, TOTAL), so if anything were to happen to them, their funerals would be covered. It's not something that people want to think about, I know. But, unfortunately, most of the time people think about it is when it's too late. We didn't want to put ourselves or our family in that situation.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Jamie and I get (well Jamie did) after the class on it at church. Have to admit though a part of me is like, "Jamie this doesn't give you permission to die!" He just smiles at me! I am such a paranoid freak sometimes! *smile* I do like the peace it brings at the same time that if something happened to the love of my here my family would be taken care of...

Congrats on finishing up!! How is Asher doing? Better I hope. Elijah is getting a fall cold now with the weather changing! Yuck! *smile*

Holly said...

Asher is doing better FINALLY! We had a rough 4 days, but we finally got through it. He goes Thursday to make sure that we cleared it up completely.
Yeah, I don't want any of us to die, but it does give you a peace about the "what if"!

Heather said...

I'm glad he is better. It is so hard on us when they get sick. Elijah today has a cold and Faith woke him up after he was asleep for like 20 minutes. It took over an hour to get him back to sleep. I knew he needed it but it was hard to hear him cry every now and then like "I don't want to sleep anymore!!" Oh well! I admit I like the extra cuddling too!