5.19.2007

My New Addition....Blake

Ok, so we've always had a dog, since b4 the boys came around. We got Hercules first. He is a Chihauhau/Dashound. He's four now, but doesn't he look old?

Then we got Dutchess. She was my little princess:

Well, when I went on bedrest w/Jaden, Dutchess got spoiled and spoiled BAD. She never forgave me for having Jaden, and when I got pregnant w/Asher, I knew she for sure wouldn't be happy. So, I gave her to my in-laws, where believe it or not, she is even MORE spoiled then when I had her.
Hercules and I don't get along. He's Shaun's dog, but Shaun doesn't have time for him. He's been living outside for over a yr now, year round. I keep telling Shaun that he needs a good home, that it's not fair to him, but Shaun didn't want to get rid of him. Well, w/everything that is going on, I found Hercules a good home w/people whom will care for him.
Now, that leaves my kids dogless, and one day, Jaden went outside looking for the dog, and well, he wasn't there. I remember when I was little. I came home from school looking for my dog and come to find out, my parent's had put him to sleep. So, I had to replace their doggie. I wanted a dog that would be good w/kids and somewhat protective. I found these puppies in the paper. They were black lab mixed w/a german shephard. I went, there were about 6 of them, and of course, they were just SO cute. All of them were just jumping around and pawing at me, except for one. There was one little boy that was just sitting there looking all sad, and I knew he was the one. So, I took Blake home w/me, and he's been a PERFECT fit!

He is such a mellow little boy. My parent's puppy bites on the the kids all the time, and needless to say, they're not too thrilled about it. Blake doesn't bite at them. He loves to lick their faces, and he lets them do WHATEVER they like to him! Asher likes to carry him around hanging upside down :) Asher has definitely claimed him as HIS puppy...lol. Just wanted to share the new member of my family.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute Puppy! I want to get my kids a dog but we have to wait until we have our own place. Oreo, our cat, works as a stand in dog. Trever is constantly tackling her and rough housing... Fortunately she is pretty mellow and starts to nibble on him when she's had enough....

Anonymous said...

What a cute lil puppy i want one lol!! anyway cute dog!