Today was the 11th yr anniversary of my church. This morning there was a special speaker, can't think of his name, but he rocked! He talked about how we lose two-thirds of the young people in church btwn the ages of 18-25 bc we aren't really showing them how to have a relationship w/Christ. He challenged us parent's to show what it is to be a believer by our daily walk, and to train your child to spend time in God's word starting at the young age of even a 2nd grader.
They also did a special offering for the children's wing. Last year, they did a offering for the youth room and raised $27,000. This time their goal was $40,000. I'm not sure if they made it or not, I'm guessing we'll find out next week. I've been going there all summer, and the 1st time I'd heard of the special offering was last week. I kinda expected there'd be more hype, but they seem to be pretty laid back out things and just trusting in God to provide.
Ok, anyways, this evening they had a concert by Jared Anderson. I wanted to go, but the boys and I over slept on our naps. So, I ALMOST decided to stay home, but last minute, I threw the boys together and headed to church. We weren't late bc they'd been having a parking lot tailgate party, and I guess that went over a little bit. So, I was actually like 3mins early by time I got into service. And, the concert ROCKED! On the very last song, I found myself jumping to the music, something which is normal in service, but not usually my style. I LOVE worshiping through music. I was hoping he'd play my favorite song "Hear Us From Heaven", but he didn't. It's ok, I forgive him :) It was still an awesome time worshiping God, and I'm glad I went!!! I couldn't find Jared actually singing the song, but here's Ross Parsley singing "Hear Us From Heaven":
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment