Next weekend, I am going away for the weekend. I haven't had time away for myself in forever, and I'm SO excited!! I'm going snow mobiling w/a friend of mine and a group of his friends.
I'm pretty sure I haven't posted about him yet, so here it goes. There's this guy that I work w/named Brian, and sometime around September when I was having a really hard time and going through a really bad depression, he decided to befriend me. He took me out to dinner, and we talked until the restaurant closed. That seems to be how it goes most times we go out...we close down whatever restaurant we're at that week. He too has been divorced and knows what I am going through and what I will go through. It's been great to have someone to talk to and get advice from or just to vent to when things are going rough. He's been there for me through a lot. He was there for me when Shaun and I discussed possibly trying to work on things again b4 calling it quits for good. (He's never once pushed divorce on me. He just listens and lets me talk about it which usually allows me to figure out how I feel about a situation) He's been there for me through all of the struggles I've been having at work. The dishwasher that I got from freecycle, he went w/me so that I could get it home. He even comes and plows my driveway when we get a lot of snow bc he knows that I have a bad back and 2 little ones which make it hard to shovel. He's been a perfect gentleman and a great friend to me. He respects my boundaries of which there are several he has to abide by! So, when he asked if I wanted to get away for a weekend, I jumped at the opportunity. There's going to be 10-12 people there, a few of which I already know, and it should be a blast! I've never gone snow mobiling, but I'm told they take it easy the 1st trip of the year, which this will be.
The boys will be going to spend the weekend w/their Nana and Papaw. This will be a first for them, but I think all parties are ready for it. We'll see how it goes, but I'm guessing they'll have just as much fun getting spoiled by Nana and Papaw as I will have on my wkend away.
I'll be sure to let you all know how my first experience w/snow mobiling goes, assuming I live to tell the tale :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have a great time! Your friend, Brian,sounds like a great guy. I hope he also shares your faith.
Brian is a great guy and a good friend. I was a little leary at first when he asked me out to dinner bc usually guys don't do the friend thing. They want to know that it's leading to something, and if it's not, they usually move on. But, it's been almost four months now, and he's never asked of pushed for anything more other then to be there for me.
Post a Comment