1.22.2008

the verdict is in

Jaden made it through the surgery. I woke him up at 7A, figures the day he has to get up at 7A is the day he'd want to sleep in....lol Anyways, we were a little late bc the roads were bad, and it took Shaun much longer to get in than expected even though he had given himself extra time to get here. So, we get there, and they take us back pretty quickly. They gave Jaden a drug which was supposed to make him sleepy to help when they took him away from us, but anyone who knows Jaden, knows that he's the master of fighting sleep :) He was scheduled to go for surgery at 8:30, but he didn't go back till 9. I think they came to get us around 10:10 to let us know that he was done and waking up. He was crying, but as soon as I picked him up, he stopped. Shortly afterwards, he decided he wanted daddy. So, daddy held him for the rest of the time. They took out his adnoids, but said they weren't bad. So, that means we might be doing more surgies later on down the road bc they were hoping the adnoids were the reason behind the problems this time. His ear pollip is completely gone bc he was going biopsy it if there had been anything left. We left the surgery center around 11, after we finally got Jaden to take his tylenol. Normally he wouldn't have any problems, but I think since the first time we got him to take meds, they took him away for surgery. I think he was afraid we were going to do that again. He's home now though. Still groggy. Actually, Shaun took him and Asher back to his house. Shaun took off the week so that he could be there for Jaden since I can't afford to take time off. Anyways, thanks for all the prayers and support!! Keep praying that this time will be the last time!

3 comments:

Erin said...

did you hear about heath ledger? 10 things will never be the same...

Erin said...

and I'm glad that his surgery went well and that shaun was able to take time off to be with him. I hope he has a good recovery!

Holly said...

i actually JUST heard...i can't believe it!!! :(