This morning, around 7A, Bethany called to tell me she was having the baby...YAY! So, I called my boss to tell her I wouldn't be coming in. Luckily the boys were already going to their daddy's, so I dind't have to worry about them. I went to pick up a few things and headed to the hospital. She was doing pretty good, but around 11A, she was getting some strong contractions and decided to get an epidural. While in the waiting room waiting for that to happen, I ran into a girl that I used to work with. She and I caught up, and she told me that my good friend was working today. So, I ran over to the main hospital for lunch w/my friend, even though she got called away, so it really ended up being me and some of the girls from Respiratory :P Around 12:30, I decided I should head back to Bethany. The nurse was in resituating her and stuff. Her midwife came in, and said she was ready to start pushing...talk about timing!! So, around 1, Bethany started pushing, and Jacob was born at 2:15 (not bad for a first time mom!). He weighed 6.148lbs and was 20.25ins long. He's super skinny, got the smallest face and ears, but his arms and legs are long and his feet and hands are big. Too cute though, simply too cute! I cried!! It was my first time watching an actual birth, and it really is moving (or atleast I thought so). I have better pictures on my camera, tons actually, but of course the cord for that is still at the house, but here's what I have for now:

5 comments:
Congrats to bethany...welcome to mommyhood!
Oh, i also forgot to tell you, i heard that Luke Steele and his wife had a baby on thursday, Chloe is her name.
WOW...congrats to them!! I'll have to try to find the baby :)
Luke's wife's name is Abby and the baby was born on the 14th i just looked at facebook, but i have no idea what hospital.
congrats on the house, the job, and all the help. i hate moving, too, but at least we throw a lot of junk away every time we do it.
Post a Comment