Well, our Thanksgiving Week hasn't started out so great. Last night Asher was having a hard time breathing while sleeping, so I put some baby vicks on him. That didn't seem to be doing anything for him so I decided to move him into my room. When I did, I realized he had a fever of 103.6! I immediately went for the motrin which I no sooner got in him and he projectile vomitted ALL OVER myself, himself, my laptop, and my bed. These are the moments that I wish I wasn't a mother. I have a hard enough time cleaning up my puke, let alone cleaning up anyone elses, but it's what you do as a mom. So, I gave him a bath and cleaned everything that I was able to clean. I'm going to have to make a trip to the dry cleaners which doesn't really thrill me either. But anyways, I checked on him through out the night. He continued to run around 101-102 all night. This morning he had a bloody nose which was probably related to nothing, and he puked up what looked like green snot. So, me always being the one to go to the side of caution decided to make a doctor's appointment for him. The doctor came in, looked at his ears, said they looked great (which is a really good thing for my kids!). Then she looked in his mouth and said, "he has strep!". She goes, did you see that? I was like, no. So, she had him open up again and the poor buddy's throat just looked aweful :( So, he's on meds. She said he should be back to himself w/in a day after starting the meds. Right now he's napping in my bed while we wait for Shaun to get here so I can go to work.
Jaden had his only day of preschool for the week today. They're leaving for Indiana on Wednesday, so hopefully he won't realize that he got jipped a day. This will be the first year that either one of them have been to IN for Thanksgiving, and I'm sure the relatives are excited. The boys will be coming back on Saturday w/Shaun's parents bc Shaun has to come back early to work. It will be weird not having them w/me.
As for me, the current plan is to spend Thanksgiving w/my family. I'm making an apple pie that seems to be a big hit w/everyone at my work. I made it for a potlock on Friday, and it was gone w/in 2mins...NO JOKE! The day after Thanksgiving is the only day of the year that I willingly get up at 4am so that we can hit the stores and get all the good deals. I'm almost done w/my Christmas shopping amazingly bc I've been trying to fit a gift or two in each week w/grocery shopping. I love it when Aldi's starts selling their toys bc you can get some really good deals!
Anyways, it's off to work for me bc Shaun is here for the boys. Oh, and I get laid off the end of December! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope Asher starts feeling better soon! Those kind of nights are no fun!!
Post a Comment