6.10.2007

Resurrection Life Church

Well, I tried out Resurrection Life today, and I REALLY enjoyed it. I wasn't too into the songs at 1st, but the sermon was AWESOME. It was the beginning of a series. He preached on Genesis 1....creation. He preached about how evolution lessens the impact of creation. In evolution, everything was made the same way and nothing is special. If we weren't special when created, how are we to feel about our lives. But w/creation, God took the time to form us and breathe life into us.

He also pointed out how Adam wasn't made as a baby, but as at least a young adult, hence why some things can look millions of yrs old but not be. He also touched on abortion, and most pastors won't go there.

He also talked about why bad things happen. When God created us, we were put into a perfect place, but we CHOSE to eat the fruit and break the perfectness. Therefore, the bad things that don't seem to fit his character are a result of our choices. But, even though parts of the sermon might have sounded harsh, he preached that everything is forgivable, and how God wants us to turn to him so he can put us back the way we were originally created.

Sorry if it doesn't make complete sense, I'm trying to make sense of everything I took in today. I'm really glad I went and will probably go again. Hope everyone else had a GREAT Sunday!

2 comments:

Susan said...

We had a wonderful time on Sunday at LCC! Pastor Danny's message was great. I hope you'll be settled in a new church soon.

Sue

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about you looking for a new church but I completely understand. You need spiritual nourishment and therefore if you're not getting it here you need to find it somewhere!! I hope we can keep in touch!!

Also I am taking the summer off of bible study but will back in the fall. I hope you'll still be there. (we enrolled Trever in soccer Tuesday nights)

I will pray you are lead to where God wants you to be!!