4.25.2008

and the results are....

my biopsy results are back. my doc said amazingly, it's not as bad as she was for sure it would be. So, now I go back to the 50% odds of it staying this way for a while, 40% odds that it will regress or 10% odds that it will continue to get worse. I go back in July to have it rechecked. Praying that I'm not still progressing at that point bc I will be losing my insurance and surgery will no longer be an option unless they can fit me in w/in like a weeks notice. I guess we'll wait and see what July holds, but for now, no surgery.
As for Jaden, he officially has asthma. He is off the albuteral, and on pulmecort for preventative meds. His ped said if we don't keep his asthma under control, can stunt his growth. We're going to try to get him off his nasal decongestant, and if things start flaring up, we're going to try singular w/him. But, I will say, that when I sent him away on Monday (b4 he stopped the albuterol and just did the pulmecort), he was the healthiest I'd seen him in I don't know how long!!
And then there's Asher w/his poop issues. I'm thinking that I'll take him today to get his blood work done again to see if there's been any change w/his liver. The ped was pretty sure it was just a fluke thing and that he should test fine this time around, so praying she's right!
I'm praying for a happy, healthy family! And, as soon as they get returned to me today, we are off to Grand Rapids for some R&R (after Asher's blood work that is).

No comments: