Ok, back to my wkend...lol. He took me to this place called The Homestead, America's Fresh Water Resort. I guess it's extremely private. They own all their own roads here. You can get directions off of online bc their roads aren't on a map. Basically, it's like a bunch of condo like rooms/homes that you can either rent or buy, and they sit right on Lake Michigan. Here's the view I woke up to every morning:


So, we got in Friday night. We sat around and watched tv for a bit and then decided to go out to dinner. We went to a restaurant on site. It's one of those fancy food restaurants, which if you know me, is NOT for me! I'm a very picky eater and new places, especially fancy dancy places really scare me bc I'm afraid I won't like anything. Well, I ended up getting the 12oz New York Strip, and it was DELISH! It came w/something that reminded me of the texture of like a corn meal, but when you ate it by itself it was very blah. But, when you added it w/the steak, it made a wonderful combination that just danced in your mouth!! Oh, and the wine I tried at dinner was great as well!! I'm usually not a big wine drinker, but this really made me give them another chance :) After dinner we went back to the room and relaxed on the couch in front of the fireplace b4 calling it a night.
The next day I got to sleep in till about 9a, that's when my body got me up. I don't do well in new places w/new beds, so that was good for me! The room was totally dark, so that helped w/sleeping. We were on the road around 10a, stopped for lunch first at Chilis. Then we went to Gander Mountain bc he wanted some shoes. When he didn't have any luck, we went to the little outlet mall in town. And, I do mean little, it was hardly worth stopping. But, he did get a great deal on a pair of shoes, so I guess it all worked out. I was hoping to find some good deals bc I had bday money, but no such luck for me. Oh well. We did a lot of driving around. The homes are just gorgeous. We kept picking out the style homes we wouldn't mind owning if we ever built a home, which he wants to do in the future. We stopped at this little shop that really did have some great furniture that I would one day love to own, but they also had some really funny things. It was more of an outdoors type place, so here's what we saw:

canoe $2000

skunk $400

canoe $4000

racoon don't know $
After that I made him take me back to the Dunkin Donuts that we passed. I miss having on in town bc their double chocolate donuts are the best ever! He laughed at me the whole time, but he paid and I got half a dozen :P Then he took me wine tasting, something I'd never done and never really wanted to do till I had the great wine w/dinner the night b4. It really was cool. For $3, I got a glass to keep and come back to wine taste anytime for free, and I got to try 5 different wines. The first 3 were delish. The 4th, not so much, but tolerable. The 5th, absolutely horrible. The lady let me try another one which ended up being my favorite, so Brian bought me a bottle to bring home :) We had already decided we were going to do dinner and a movie, my choice, so we went to see what time the showings were at, and decided to do dinner first. We went to a local seafood place. I had the salmon which is one of my favorite fishes, and he had the yellow fin tuna. I'd never had tuna cooked like that, so I tried it, and it really was quite yummy. Oh, and b4 we went in to dinner, he gave me my present:

We ended up going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall which I DO NOT recommend to anyone!!! It was the worst movie I could have ever picked. I apologized, shook my head, and laughed at myself all the way home. What a way to end a perfect wkend...LOL!
And now, our wkend it done. He's in checking us out and reserving a place for his parent's for their anniversary. I'm kinda wondering if he got lost bc I've been sitting out here for a good amount of time so far. Good thing he made me bring my laptop. Oh, and I brought the book Pride & Prejudice. The newer movie of it is one of my all time favorite movies. I could watch it over and over and over, but I'd never read the book. So, I figured, what better time to read a book than on a 4hr car ride :) Ok, here he comes, ttfn!
2 comments:
the book is really good:) (p&p)
it is good! I'm about half way through it, and that's pretty much just for the ride home. I spent most of the ride there on my comp, but I'd used most of my battery by time he got done checking us out and registering his parents.
Post a Comment